Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Gone

I should have written this a few days ago, but life has been a whirlwind lately. My grandfather did pass from this life to the next in the wee hours of the morning on Sunday, May 17th. My grandmother passed away exactly 5 months prior to that. I do have peace about my grandfather's destiny. I was encouraged in so many ways from friends who simply reminded me to rest in the sovereignty of God. He does know what He's doing. One friend sent me Romans 9:16, but I'll add a few more verses to offer some context ...

What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not! For He says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion." So then, it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy.

Thank you for the prayers, love, and support. We will bid farewell to my grandfather's life on earth this Saturday. I will have the privilege of singing His Eye is on the Sparrow and leading a congregational hymn, Great Is Thy Faithfulness. I hope the LORD can convey hope and peace to all who come.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: